My Dear Friends and Fellow Bloggers,
I haven’t written much in months. Not much here, at least. And I have been very delinquent in keeping up with all the creativity that has been buzzing around your blogs. I apologize for my neglect.
The truth is that I have been steadfastly writing my dissertation so that I might actually graduate after…let’s see… 8.5 years (total) of graduate school. True. I have ONLY been working on the doc for 6.5 years. However, enough is enough and it is time to close the book on this part of my life.
I am writing you wonderful beings so that I might inform you, and the GREAT UNIVERSE, that THIS IS HAPPENING!!! I am turning in Chapter 2 of my dissertation (the literature review) tomorrow come hell or high water! By telling you of this, it is making me accountable for achieving my desire to complete this dissertation and successfully achieve my Definite Chief Aim.
By the way, I am reading a book called Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, first published in 1937. One of the things he discusses in this book is being ABSOLUTELY CLEAR, DEDICATED, DETERMINED, PERSISTENT, AND OBSESSED with the object of your desire to the point that you enter the field of complete confidence that you will successfully attain the object of your desire. And so comes the whole point of this post: to declare my Definite Chief Aim as of Thursday, 9-27-2012, 4:51PM EST (USA). And here it is:
Definite Chief Aim Statement
My Definite Chief Aim in my existence is two-fold: 1) prosperity in money and wealth, and 2) abundance in love and health. Specifically, in my plan to attract money and wealth (i.e., $137,000.00 per year) to me, I WILL COMPLETE MY DISSERTATION FALL 2012. I will graduate with my Ph.D. May 2013. I will find a faculty position in the subject of psychology and counseling, in New York City (NYC), making $137, 000.00 per year in Spring 2013. Making money will be easy because my colleagues and I will be open-minded, optimistic, full of curiosity and vitality, open to new ideas and ways of being, creative, collaborative, connected, and adventurous. I will find a job teaching yoga at studio that is accepting, loving, open, curious, and full of magic. Making money will be easy because of the congruency of the people I work with, myself, and the yogis we lead in practice. I will accept these teaching positions in New York City and move to Brooklyn (Williamsburg), NY in Summer 2013. I will find a nice large 2-bedroom apartment in Williamsburg for $2000/month. I will begin working August 2013 and earning $137,000.00 per year.
Specifically, in my plan to attract abundance of love and health, I will meet my love of my life in NYC. He is a musician, a poet, and a writer. He is deep, kind, caring, thoughtful, conscientious, inspiring, emotionally and intellectually brilliant, full of integrity and passion, adventurous, open-minded, self-aware, respectful, tall, lean, beautiful, wear’s glasses, has blue eyes, also lives in Brooklyn (Williamsburg), NY, is from the Northeast of the U.S., loves the ocean, loves cats, loves to play with my hair, loves his family, has an open heart, practices yoga and meditation, plays music in a band, writes poetry, is inspired, delighted, electrified, sparked, enamored, and in love with me, wants to marry me, is my best-friend and confidant, communicates and shares his whole life with me, wants to have kids with me, wants to support each others dreams, together! We will love and trust in each other because we love and feel confident about ourselves. This love and trust will make us healthy in mind, body, and soul. This love and trust will permeate the beautiful beings that we share this existence with, and they too will feel health in mind, body, and soul!
Seems like a tall order – NONSENSE! Having a vision for what I want is really the first step to moving to what I desire. In this Universe of Infinite Possibilities, WE ARE THE ONES THAT CHOOSE WHICH POSSIBILITY TO MOVE TOWARD. And that is what I am doing. So…..
1) I know that I have the ability to achieve the object(s) of my Definite Chief Aim in life, therefore, I DEMAND of myself persistent, continuous action toward its attainment, and I here and now PROMISE to render such action.
2) I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, physical action, and gradually transform themselves into physical reality, therefore, I will concentrate my thoughts for 30 MINUTES DAILY, upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to become, thereby creating in my mind a clear mental picture of that person.
3) I know through the principle of autosuggestion, any desire that I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining the object back of it, therefore, I will devote 10 MINUTES DAILY to demanding of myself the development of SELF-CONFIDENCE.
4) I have clearly written down a description of my Definite Chief Aim in life, and I will never stop trying, until I shall have developed sufficient self-confidence for its attainment!
5) I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself!
I COMMIT THIS TO MEMORY, REPEAT IT ALOUD ONCE A DAY, with full FAITH that it will gradually influence my THOUGHTS and ACTIONS so that I will become a self-reliant, and successful person!
That is that!
Thank you for listening and, if you please, send me positive intentions!!! They’re boomeranging right back to you!!! Lokah Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu (translation: may all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all!).
I’ll keep you posted on how it all turns out…and start getting back to keeping up with what you lovely beings are creating out in cyberland! 🙂